When it comes to protecting yourself and your employees from slips and falls and other accidents on the job, there are plenty of things to beware of. Not only do you have to make sure that you are hiring only those who are qualified, capable, and passionate about the job, but you must also make sure that everyone is competent and able to understand and follow all safety protocols. You must also be sure that you are investing in only premium equipment, which can help keep everyone as safe as possible. With that in mind, the following is a closer look at the basics of a standing seam safety anchor.
Facts About Standing Seam Safety Anchors
For those who are yet unaware, standing seam safety anchors are becoming an increasingly popular tool to use. This is largely because the installation of metal roofs with standing seams is also becoming more popular in general. Nevertheless, given that they were not the norm until recently, finding high-quality roof anchors to help keep your workers safe when working on metal roofs with standing seam anchors is much more difficult than most expect. No matter if your roof services include cleaning, mending, etc., finding the proper standing seam safety anchor can be quite an arduous task.
Standing Seam Safety Anchors Basics
A revolutionary product that allows a wide array of individuals and professionals to safely access, use, and repair standing seam roofs without penetrating the panels, standing seam anchors not only help ensure that people are safe, but it also does so in a manner that does not damage the roof you are working on. They also provide users with the following benefits:
- Strength: Many of the available standing steam safety anchors were tested in scenarios that included thousands and thousands of pounds. In fact, some strength tests included tens of thousands of pounds. This makes them a very reliable choice for roofs of all kinds.
- Lightweight: Additionally, several of the most popular standing seam safety anchors are incredibly lightweight. This is important for anyone who will be doing jobs that take lots of time and require lots of climbing. Heavier anchors tend to restrict your ability to move and maneuver more freely.
- Versatility: Given that these standing steam anchors were created specifically for standing seam roofs, they are often versatile. In other words, many manufacturers recognized the value of creating anchors that fit a wide variety of seams, rather than just the standing seam. In fact, some standing seam safety anchors offer an almost universal fit.
- Made in the USA: Moreover, several of the standing seam safety anchors on the market were made in the USA. Therefore, you can rest assured knowing it was created using durable, trustworthy materials. Also, in an age in which the job market is more uncertain than ever, it's also reassuring to know you are supporting companies that are bringing jobs to Americans.
- Warranties: As with most safety anchors, many standing seam anchors come with a warranty. This means that you can get it repaired, replaced, or get reimbursed for certain maintenance costs, for a specified amount of time. In most cases, these last for at least a couple of years, in some instances, these products can be guaranteed for a lifetime.
- OSHA Compliance: In addition to needing ways to stay safe and prevent damage, another major reason you need to use a standing seam safety anchor is that it can help with OSHA compliance. As we all know, when it comes to having multiple people working on your roof, you can end up facing hefty fines and penalties. Using a high-quality standing seam safety anchor is one of the best ways to ensure you remain in compliance with these restrictions.
Overall, if you are seeking a premium quality standing seam safety anchor, we are here to help. Here at Fall Protection Distributors, we provide our customers with a wide variety of standing seam safety anchors, and many other products that are designed to help keep individuals and employees safe. Contact us today for more information or to get a price quote to purchase a reliable standing seam safety anchor that will help you protect your roof and all others involved.